I have decided that I want to be remembered for more than just being a sexy dawg. I want to contribute something of importance to dachshundkind, something that will make the name ‘Crusoe’ go down in history.
So, I made these commandments. Although they aren’t really command-ments, but rather some things you might want to consider in your life as a dachshund. Unlike the original commandments, these aren’t set in stone – so there could be more! And if they don’t all apply to you, no problem! Every dachshund is unique and different (which is actually one of the commandments!)
- Thou shalt never let an intruder go unharassed (human or especially critter).
- Thou shalt never dislike cheese (and most dairy products – but if you do it’s okay).
- Thou shalt always look cute, no matter your age, color, sex, or the setting/scenario.
- Thou shalt never let a squirrel (or other attractive small vermin) go unchased (unless it’s by a road).
- Thou shalt never trust a cat, or a wire-haired dachshund (why? find out here).
- Thou shalt be admired for thy quirks (it’s good to be different!).
- Thou shalt always have under-the-cover snuggling privileges.
- Thou shalt never accept the stereotype that small dogs are incapable of doing the things big dogs do (as is the mission of YouDidWhatWithYourWeiner.com)
- Thou shalt use whatever means necessary to get attention.
- Thou shalt not be forced to go out in less-than-comfortable weather conditions (unless we can be convinced that it will be a load of fun).
- (Bonus Commandment!) Thou shalt never have enough kisses!
So as I stand upon this rock, I proclaim these commandments and ask to you, “am I missin’ any?”
Let me know on Facebook or in the comment section below!